2/25/2012

There are forks in my river!

It's been a while since the last update. There are several reasons for this, all of them unrelated to my project. But finally, I have been able to find some time to continue my work. I showed off some river examples earliar, and both commenters and myself thought it would look better if rivers had tributaries, like real rivers almost always have. So that's what I've been working on latelty. It's not 100%, there are some occasional weird artifacts, but largely I'm happy. Here are some recent screenshots of rivers.





I'm closing (or shelfing, as I will most likely come back to them later!) the chapter of rivers for now, and I'm starting work on different parts of the map generation, - the themes. I hope you all like the current look of the rivers, - and keep in mind you'll be able to adjust their curvation, tributary frequency and other things yourself, once I'm done-done!

2 comments:

  1. Looking great! I think the only thing that seems a little off is that it looks like tributaries are only generated on one side of the parent river. Even there, it's a subtle difference that isn't always noticeable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm pretty happy about the look myself. And I must have subconsciously chosen bad example images, because the fact that tributaries are only generated on one side of the parent river in the examples, is purely coincidental!

    ReplyDelete